9.25.2007

Frida



I had the privilege of going to Monterrey's modern art museum (MARCO) yesterday to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit. As I'm sure you know, she continues to be a very controversial artist, especially in her own country. The exhibit was shockingly beautiful and truly moving. It really was a once in a lifetime experience to see so many of her original paintings.





She was involved in a serious bus accident early in her life, and the painting I am sitting in is one she painted while in the hospital recovering from her injuries. Her body and spirit never fully recovered and the physical pain she experienced influenced the majority of her paintings throughout her life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog, and fantastic photography. A little bit different than mine at http://www.jesterscc.netfirms.com/POD7.htm
Mine may not be the most Christian (I am tho'), but I do know all the people who I (don't) offend. You've inspired me to improve.

jaybird said...

that's funny, because when we were engaged on facebook friends saw your picture & said you were "shockingly beautiful."