2.11.2008

Happy 100th Day of SMCA!


We had a wonderful celebration today of our 100th day of school. I cannot believe that I am more than half-way through my third year of teaching here in Monterrey. In some ways, I feel like I just got here, but at the same time, I feel completely at home. God is good and He has blessed me so richly with this opportunity.

Anyway, for our celebration, each student brought 100 things to share with the class- Sarah drew pictures of 100 dresses, Evan brought 100 football cards, Emma brought 100 lollipops, Jenna brought 100 sticks, and Ben brought 100 playing cards. I brought 100 conversation hearts to share with my class. We made crowns with the number "100" on them, made fruit loops necklaces with 100 pieces of cereal, read a special story, ate a snack shaped like the number "100," and did some creative writing. Miss Ruby brought lots of great ideas and a fun song that she used to sing with her students in Indiana. She changed it a little bit for SMCA:

(To the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad")
We've been working in our classroom for 100 days
We've been working in our classroom here in Monterrey
Rising early in the morning, bring your books and pencils too
Every day at SMCA we learn something new!
The 100th day is here!
The 100th day is here!
Let's all give a che-e-er!

It was a wonderful celebration and I am so blessed to have such wonderful students and such a great friend to teach with!

No comments: